Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V5 #304

In a message dated 9/26/03 5:00:36 AM, Owner-Over-The-Rhine at ActWin_com writes:

My extremely limited experience in traveling between New
Jersey and New York suggests it is almost always quicker and
less hassle to take the train/subway vs. trying to negotiate
highway traffic into and street traffic within the City.

This is true in some ways and not in others.  It all depends on where you are going in Manhattan and what day/time of day it is.

If we are going to Midtown we drive to Harrison, NJ.  Pay $5 to park and take the PATH train into Penn Station area and walk or subway up to Midtown.  Parking is hard to find and expensive in Midtown.  But Train and Subway fairs add up if we are bringing our children in.

If we are going to lower Manhattan we often drive and park on the street.

Recently we went into Central Park with our dogs on a Saturday morning.  It took us 30 minutes to get in and we found free on street parking 2 blocks from the park.  Of course we had to drive anyway because we had the dogs.

I can't go in on Sunday night the 12th because I have to preach that night.  My church is very flexible with me in terms of missing a Sunday Evening, but between vaction, family obligations,  and a Neil Young show I have been missing a lot of them lately.   I am doing a study on the book of Exodus.  At this rate I will become like 40 years of wilderness wanderings.

Watching Eternity,
Andy B.

"i ain't gonna talk about jed...
i don't watch channel 2 or 6 or 9
i don't have time to talk that fast
and it ain't my crime

it ain't an honour to be on tv
and it ain't a duty either
the only good thing about tv is shows like 'leave it to beaver'

shows with love and affection
like mama used to say
'a little mayberry livin' can go a long way' "

        neil young