Re: A Proper Introduction

Since I introduced Dave to the list, I have to
apologize for any comments he makes. The doctor just
let him off of his medicine, but he still isn't fully
recovered (JOKING).

--- "Dave Cusick .:::. POST MODERN ROCK SHOW"
<dave at postmodernrock_com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to the list. I've posted a couple of
> times, but not properly
> introduced myself.
>
> My name is Dave, I'm currently attending Trinity
> Western University in Langley,
> BC (near Vancouver), majoring in Christianity and
> Culture, minoring in
> Communications. I took four years off school from
> TWU, and in that time did
> writing and graphic design for a non-profit
> organization, produced a Christian
> multimedia rock ballet, lived with an autistic
> individual, delivered pizza and
> had my own radio show. Not all at once, though.
>
> It was the radio that stuck. I love getting to find
> the best music that I can
> and then play it for other people. I also love
> National Public Radio,
> especially the show This American Life. Radio is
> such a better medium than TV.
> It is more portable and less demanding of you--you
> can't go for a run while
> watching "Celebrity Fear Factor." It is also less
> prone to sensationalism.
>
> I've gotten into OTR a bit through my friend, Aaron
> Edwards, also on this list.
> Aaron and I have been friends since high school.
> Aaron and I saw two concerts
> in high school: Carman and The Rembrandts (before
> they did the Friends theme
> song). Since then, we've seen The Violet Burning,
> They Might Be Giants, Apples
> in Stereo, Menomena and Viva Voce.
>
> And that's about it.
>
> Dave
> np: David Bowie, "Reality"

=====
Century follows century, and things happen only in the present.
-Jorge Luis Borges, "The Garden of forking Paths"