Greetings and Inquiries

Greetings, listies. My name is Hooligan, and I'm an Over-the-Rhine-aholic.

I've been on and off this list so many times over the last few years that I'm beginning to feel a bit like the trapped characters in the recent John Cusack misfire, "Identity." Just when I think I've finally escaped...

What brings me back is the pending Busted Lift in Dubuque, Iowa. Wondering, first off, if anyone else is going to be there. I've been diggin' "Ohio" with a near-unhealthy fervor, and I'm quite jacked up for the show. I've not seen the band live since they were making the rounds for GDBD.

Secondly, I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen a /four hour/ Over the Rhine show. They're scheduled to play from 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. at the Busted Lift, and I'm trying to envision how that show might be structured.

*sigh*

Can't wait.

=

s&th
hooligan at apostate_com

"You told her things, didn't you? You let her behind
the curtain, didn't you? You let her behind the curtain,
I know you did. You never let 'em behind the curtain,
Will. You never let 'em see the little old man behind
the curtain working the levers of the great and powerful
Oz. They're all sisters, Willy. They aren't allowed back
there. They mustn't see."

                  - Paul Kirkwood, "Beautiful Girls"