Re: Greetings and Inquiries

In 1993, maybe 1994, my memory is a little fuzzy, when OtR played their first late night Encore performance at Cornerstone the band played a full three and a half hour set with numerous encores... I recall they played =both= of the "closing songs" from that period, "If I'm Drowning" and "I Painted My Name" because the audience simply refused to go away. The show began at midnight and ran till nearly 4 in the morning. I remember being on the verge of exhaustion, but the music and the performance was so exhilerating it was impossible to leave. It was a mystical, enchanting experience in mutual admiration. The band seemed as taken and enraptured by the audience as the audience was with the band. Since then, the sets I've seen have been in the 70-120 minute range, depending on the venue.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan <glennp at twobythetree_com> wrote:
Secondly, I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen a /four hour/ Over the Rhine show. They're scheduled to play from 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. at the Busted Lift, and I'm trying to envision how that show might be structured.

*sigh*

Can't wait.

=

s&th