2 chicago shows

i'm surprised no one beat me to sharing their thoughts on the back-to-back
nights at schubas, but i'll do my best to do them justice and then leave it
to the michael cades, etc of the list to fill in my holes  (sidenote:
michael, were you there saturday night?  i never saw you....).  both nights
were sold out.  my memory serves that the set list was the same as beachland
ballroom for both nights - however, on sunday, much to my delight they wove
in "ain't no sunshine" after nobody #1.  the full band adds a whole 'nother
set of layers to the showand was completely enjoyable.  paul moak was great
fun to watch, will-the-drummer looked like he was having a blast, and the
new bassist wove in ever so nicely.  the highlight for me was a the re-done
verison of the world can wait.  as soon as they'd finished it i wished they
could have start over and played it again.  it gave me goosebumps - karin
quipped that this was no acoustic tour....  also did amazing takes of
changes come, cruel and pretty, and spinning.  a otr newbie friend that went
with me saturday night -- who has worked in the music industry most of her
life -- surprised herself by how impressed she was by the concert.  not that
anyone here needs additional motivation to hit this tour - but whatever you
have to drive to get there -- *it's worth it*.

i did get a few moderately good photos - e-mail me off list if you'd like
copies.  (i don't have a public place to post them that wouldn't cost me my
job...)

all smiles,
jana