Re: Vancouver

The more I think about it, everyone who calls it that
is an American, save for one (who lived with these
guys). In fact, all of these people actually live (or
lived at the time) in Langley (Trinity Western
students) and one of them is actually orignally from
Vacouver, Wa. Sorry, ignorant American here.

But since we are on the subject, want to know a way to
make a Vacouverite (WA) mad? Call thier town a suburb
of Portland. I od that to the people I work with (Who
mostly live there and work in PDX). They almost stoned
me today, lol.

np: The seahorse

--- "Peter T. Chattaway" <petert at interchange_ubc.ca>
wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Aaron Edwards wrote:
> > I'm not from "the couv" (as some of my friends in
> that area call
> > it) . . .
>
> Oh, and I have to ask, who calls it that?  I've
> lived here my whole life
> and I don't think I've ever heard it referred to as
> that.
>
> My friends in Saskatoon do call their town "S'toon",
> though.

> peter at chattaway_com ---
> Nothing tells memories from ordinary moments; only
> afterwards do they
>    claim remembrance, on account of their scars. --
> Chris Marker, La Jetee

=====
Century follows century, and things happen only in the present.
-Jorge Luis Borges, "The Garden of forking Paths"