RE: concerts-a-gogo

Perry wrote:
> So here's a couple questions: How has this year been for you in
> regards to live music?

Unfortunately I haven't been to many concerts this year.  I have seen Pat
Green twice--once in a more intimate setting, standing a monitor's length
from Pat himself with the amazing Cross Canadian Ragweed opening, and once
in a crowded outdoor festival setting--and I hope to see him again in
October.  I saw a band called The Swift in July; they were OK, I guess.  For
pure entertainment, I saw a local band whom I haven't seen since college
called Kinchafoonee; they play country and Southern Rock in a gloriously
trashy and fun show.  Oh, and this isn't exactly the same, but I'm going to
see Les Miserables Thursday night at the Fabulous Fox!

Tonight at our church picnic I got to enjoy our church's youth band.  As
director of our Sunday morning teen service, I see these kids play every
week, but it's a rare treat to see a bunch of young people of whom I'm so
proud in a fun outdoor concert setting.  I was almost like a proud dad.

> And what acts do you want to see live, but have not yet had the
opportunity?

I think I'd give my firstborn to see Van Morrison in a VH1 Storytellers-type
setting; of course I'd be thrilled to see him in any setting.  I've never
seen U2, either.  Maria McKee would be amazing as well.  Given enough time,
I can probably think of dozens of others.

Chris