What's In A Description?; The Sound Of The Springs

A few weeks ago, I was having dinner with a friend in Colorado Springs,
Colorado (I felt a strange compulsion to order the "Tyler T-Bone," but,
couldn't come close to finishing it). The waiter got into a conversation
with my friend, and when the subject of live entertainment came up, I
contributed the fact that we were looking forward to attending the Over
The Rhine concert, at the 32 Bleu Nightclub.

When the waiter inquired about Over The Rhine, my friend automatically
released two words into the air, "Christian Folk," and my mind just
froze. I believe that the only time he ever saw Over The Rhine in
concert was at the Conerston3 20th Anniversary Party, so, maybe Linford
and Karin's appearance with acoustic guitars blended, in his memory,
with Jan Krist's performance.

About an hour later, when the wheels inside my mind had begun to move
again, I began to sing "Kum By Ya," pointing out the fact that those two
words had most likely caused that song to enter the waiter's mind.

In light of this, can we change the old irritating newbie question, "Are
they a Christian band?" to "Are they a Christian Folk band?"

NP-> Phranc- "Folksinger"

"I think there's an innocence about the midwest that walks hand in hand
with a kind of mental illness..." Linford Detweiler 1993