Re: What's In A Description?; The Sound Of The Springs

--- So Briquet <Sobriqet at webtv_net> wrote:

> About an hour later, when the wheels inside my mind
> had begun to move again, I began to sing "Kum By
> Ya," pointing out the fact that those two words
> "Christian Folk," had most likely caused that song
> to enter the waiter's mind.

> In light of this, can we change the old irritating
> newbie question, "Are
> they a Christian band?" to "Are they a Christian
> Folk band?"

It just goes to show that people in general categorize
and classify. As unfortunate as it may be in your mind
(and mine) to put OTR in a the box of Christian Folk
music, for some it may have a far less negative
perhaps even positive conotation.

I like to think that people like a band for more than
the genre in which they are classified. Anyway, I will
put a cork in it here before I go off on a long
diatribe on my personal views of music and art.

-christina