Re: concerts-a-gogo

In a message dated 9/14/2003 11:21:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Impetuousfink at aol_com writes:
<<So here's a couple questions: How has this year been for you in regards to live music? And what acts do you want to see live, but have not yet had the opportunity?>>

This year I saw an incredible Indian classical concert by Sanjan an Rajan Mishra; two classical raga singers from India.  It was astounding.  Joan Baez was a great folk concert, and Bhagavan Das was a wild concert of devotional music and chanting.
    Just after the Over The Rhine shows around here, I'll get to see jazz fusion guitarist John McLaughlin's SHAKTI band, which features the guitar great performing with Indian classical virtuoso U. Srinivas on electric mandolin and Zakir Hussain on tablas.  I want to see Simon and Garfunkle, but it sounds too expensive. Maybe I'll change my mind if I can find a ride.  =-== om=-=-=- Nick