re: Cannot stop listening to OHIO

jonathan said:

This release has hit me in an amazing way.

What rich material this is..... Karin's voice NAILS these songs.
 There aren't many people who simply blow me away and make me
think, "How can they interpret a song in such an organic way?"

me:

i can't turn the darned thing off either, it's really hitting me
too.  i find it very rich, very bare-boned and raw.  and i agree
w/ the interpretation part - she is those songs.  it goes back
to thinking karin's voice isn't merely a great vocal over music,
it is it's own instrument.

the way she sings "hey love, whaddya say, we get out of here
today.." in Hometown Boy is only one of many examples for me.
that opening line hooked me immediately and the song itself
followed, it's one of my favorites on OHIO.  i love her slow
vocal soaring w/ the 'fly', 'why' and 'try' parts.  beautiful.
that song isn't even the best of all the examples of organic
interpretation, but hey, hopefully you know what i mean too.

:)
michelle

=====
"Even if I did succeed in giving a little something beautiful back to the world, of what possible use could it be?  Is there room in the world for one more beautiful thing?  Or wait: does all this nonchalant loveliness cry, Glory, glory, glory?  Does the world cry out, Let there be music?  Am I caught up in something?"                -- Linford Detweiler, Unsung