Re: anne's blue gift

"the leaves of the delicate japanese maple between mattie's window and the
wobbly fence were still green, but everywhere in the garden were russets and
butterscotch oranges, other trees giddy with color, almost garish. like
gypsy dresses. when she strained to listen, she could imagine them saying,
we gave you shade, and now we'll give you a little kick-ass beauty before we
die"

Zayne...thank you, thank you, thank you.  Quote placement is one of my
favorite things.  I loved seeing the context of this one!  It also made me
think of the trees on the album's cover...

Spring on an arctic island,
Ana Maria

There is a crack in everything.  That's how the light gets in.
~ Leonard Cohen