OHIO Pre-Orders UPDATE

Hey all,

A big thank you to all of you who pre-ordered copies of OHIO. We really
appreciate the generous response and the vote of confidence of all who took the
plunge. Please know that if you pre-ordered a copy of OHIO, 80% of your purchase
price goes directly to Over the Rhine and will help:

a) support our Fall Tour
b) put food on the table
c) put food in Willow's bowl
d) make the Grey Ghost house payments while we're traveling
e) all of the above

(We appreciate all of you who buy the cd's in stores as well--it helps get
the name of the band out and is an important part of the big picture. In case
you're interested, 100% of that money (after the store gets their cut) goes to
the label until they recoup all costs associated with OHIO. After they make all
their money back, 20% of the money from any additional sales goes to us. So
if you pre-ordered, you've really helped us out!)

Karin and I spent a good bit of three days signing copies of OHIO and a
friend of ours actually drove everything down to the Paste warehouse in North
Carolina (van and trailer) and hand delivered the cd's to assure they were dropped
off safely.

(A bit of background: We didn't receive copies of OHIO to sign from Virgin
until Monday, August 11. Paste didn't receive any of the signed cd's until
Sunday, August 17. The folks at the warehouse began filling pre-orders of OHIO
promptly on Monday morning, August 18.)

We have a brand-new relationship with Paste--one week and counting. As with
any transitional new relationship, there is a period of getting to know each
other, fine-tuning, long conversations RE how we want things to work etc. As
with any transitional new relationship, there is a learning curve.

We are confident that Paste is going to do a phenomenal job for us and for
you. Their overall customer satisfaction is extremely high, and the folks that
started Paste Music and Paste Magazine have done far more than their share to
help spread the word about bands like Over the Rhine, and to work for the
survival of artists and musicians (often neglected by the mainstream media) that
they believe have something vital to offer.

Nobody really knew how long it would take to ship out all the pre-orders, and
guess what? It was a much bigger job than we thought. (A great problem, but a
problem nonetheless.) In the future, we'll be sure not to list a ship date
for a piece of product unless we're absolutely sure we can meet that date.

If you haven't yet received confirmation that your order has shipped, please
reply to your original order confirmation, or e-mail Nick Purdy directly:
nick at pastemusic_com.

ONE OTHER BIT OF IMPORTANT NEWS DIRECTLY FROM OVER THE RHINE:

(Disregard any previous instructions.)

While fulfilling pre-orders, someone at the warehouse mistakenly opened a box
containing unsigned cd's. If the copy of OHIO you received was un-signed,
please e-mail Paste immediately and they will send you a signed copy. The unsigned
 copy is yours to keep as well.

We greatly appreciate your patience and support. To our knowledge, no one has
died yet because of a pre-order anomaly. Having Paste take care of our
web-fulfillment in the future while we tour etc is going to be a huge help to us.
They're good people, and they're comitted to doing a great job. We'll get there
soon enough.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon,

Linford for Over the Rhine