RE: Ohio in Stores NOW!! + paste

Brad Caviness wrote
Back to my reason for writing: OHIO. Wow. I can not stress enough the
> poignancy of the album cover. Hearing the whole album through now, I
> can say it confirms the impression I got when I first saw it. You
> have the two trees, representing Linford and Karin (on one hand, and
> on the other the two cds in the album), which appear to be holding
> hands as their branches overlap each other. They are perched on a
> spare hillside overlooking a lake which separates them from the
> cityscape. Isolated? perhaps, but with a towering perspective;
> distinct from one another, but united.

I pre-ordered from Paste too, I thought OHIO would come on the release
day but since wise Mr. Lachey pointed out it would probably not be in
my mailbox on the 19th I went to Borders in Eastgate at 9:00 am  on the
19th – did you know stores don’t open until 10!!! I went to Wal-mart
and looked for some things I wanted for work. When Boarders finally
opened and I was able to pick it up along with the Charlie Brown Suite
after paying for it I asked the clerk for scissors so I could open the
CD and listen on the way home.

It was the most sad sad sad music, I love it but it was so sad and by
the time I got home I was sobbing.  I have so many thoughts about these
CDs more so than any of their previous releases. I think it is one of
the few CDs that I will listen to in it’s entirety and not just skip to
the songs I want to hear.

The picture on the cover of OHIO, I am not sure the actual location of
the place the picture was taken. I thought someone said it was taken
from Devou Park in Kentucky, but I have a feeling it was taken from a
park in Ohio but I am probably wrong.  At first I thought it might be
from Mt Echo Park but I think the location from where the picture was
taken is much further away. Especially considering you can see the bend
in the river. Oh, by the way, that is a river, namely the Ohio River
but it is owned by Kentucky. The Ohio river is very wide and could
easily be mistaken for a lake. Before the lock and dam systems the
river would freeze constantly in the winter my grandfather used to tell
me stories about going skating. Coney Island – Moonlite Gardens is on
the Ohio River too people would go there on Steamboats to spend the
day. The city you see in the distance, that is Cincinnati.

=====
Debbie Flinchpaugh

http://home.fuse.net/mark-debbie/index.htm