RE: Ohio in Stores NOW!!

I forgot to mention, Paste had a little difficulty, similar to the current experience, when they released Bill Mallonee's "Fetal Position" cd. They mistakenly advertised a ship date that was two days (a Saturday instead of Monday) before they could fulfill. Then, the warehouse had an overload of orders which took longer than anticipated to get them all filled. For Bill's subsequent releases, they've avoided this log jam by setting a release date as long as a month after they actually receive the cds in stock which gave them ample opportunity to deliver the discs on or ahead of the promised schedule (in fact, most pre-orders on "Perfumed Letter" have been filled, soundscanned, and delivered to their owners though they won't actually chart until the street date on August 26).

The difficulty in this case is that Paste had to deal with a third party distributor (Virgin) and either had to embargo pre-orders or didn't receive their orders until the last moment leaving little time for them to process the large quantity before the cd hit the streets. I'm as impatient as the rest of you (yes, I rushed out to Best Buy yesterday and bought a copy, making the one Paste assures me is on the way, somewhat extraneous, though more impressive for the folks at SoundScan and Virgin), but the fellas at Paste are quick studies, they're working as hard as they can, and I feel confident in saying that this kind of foul up won't happen again. If they cannot arrange to have pre-orders in stock in a reasonable amount of time ahead of the street date, they'll probably include a slight disclaimer that says pre-orders who wish to have the pre-order bonus will have to be a little patient.

I think I shall make my extraneous copy a gift.

Bradley S. Caviness, Bigwig
Bigwig Enterprises

http://www.bigwigenterprises.com

Do you Yahoo!?