Re: Ohio in Stores NOW!! (now with Sigur Ros content)

bigwigenterprises at yahoo_com writes:

<< If you've not seen any of Sigur Ros' videos in the past, each is as
strikingly beautiful as it is a disturbing, combing a keen sense of aesthetics,
warm, saturated colors, and POV which pulls the viewer out of his or her familiar
territory for an experience that is haunting and deeply emotional.  >>

I can agree wholeheartedly.  I once watched "Vidrar Vel Til Loftarasa," and I
was in a funk for a whole day.   (watching it as i type, same reaction)  This
is powerful stuff.  well planned, well produced, SR's media are extremely
cerebral.

Their live performances are just as moving.  i saw them this past March, and
within 5 minutes of opening, I had tears streaming down my cheeks.  In
Cleveland, rowdy town that it is, in a venue known for thrashing rock and roll, one
could have heard a pin drop throughout most of SR's performance.  It is indeed
amazing.

Few other acts have the same effect on me.  OTR is one of them.