Re: mailing list vs. message board?

> >  me: This is also a downside, though, when I'm looking for
personal
> > messages if I'm busy or if I've been gone for a while.
>
> Troy: Silly girl, that's what filtering is for.

me: yeah, I know.  But most of the time I check my E-mail several
times a day and read all the OTR messages anyway, or at least look at
them and delete them if they're about Buffy or something else I'm not
interested in.  So usually it would be an extra check to have it
filter into its own folder.

> > I agree with Kylie, Yahoogroups are a pain, especially with such a
>
> > large number of people (I run one for a group of friends though to
>

> Really?  What about them is a pain?  I run a few of them myself, and
> find them to be relatively pain-free.  Then again, I don't really go
> in
> for all the "extra" features like file uploads and stuff.

well, for one thing they have big adds at the bottom of E-mails.  Some
of the annoyance is self-induced becuase I made dumb protocals to keep
people I don't know from bugging us.  And my friends are helpless so I
have to add them myself instead of them doing it.  And occasionally it
just randomly decides to not let someone post or not let them receive
messages, and I don't always figure out why.  (although actwin does
that sometimes too for that matter)

Bethany, ordered Ohio with the cheapest shipping, wonders if that was
a mistake.