Re: What's everybody reading?

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Coyote Lazarus wrote:

> Why am I not surprised you're the other person on the list reading this? I'm
> only about 20 pages into Kusheil's Dart, still trying to adapt to the
> language. I'm really reading Robert Anton Wislon's Ishtar Rising, just
> finished Gaiman's Smoke and Mirrors (yummy), and I'm also in the midsts of
> Christopher Moore's Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove.
> Oh, and Israel Regrade's Golden Dawn.
> What else- I'm missing one- oh, I'm studying the Principia Discordia for
> game, and after I finish any one of the above, I'm hitting the new Harry
> Potter.

_Ishtar Rising_?  Interesting.  What are your thoughts on this one?  I've
been going through the Illuminatus! trilogy again for the first time in
quite some time.  I was both impressed by his style and amazed at how
dated the books are getting.  Robert Anton Wilson's more recent
conspiracy-based stuff and his musings on the OPERATION MINDFUCK project
that he's been playing with for decades is a little more interesting and
timely.  Wilson has slowly been turning in my mind from a fascinating old
hippie-freak into an over-blown counter-culture social-scientist fanboy.

-Drew J

O Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew, SCA  )   ^ ^
O    I also have the garlic powder. - Diablo - 10/4/98, goats.com    X  (_|_)
O            Check out rft.melm.org - Radio Free Tomorrow.           | (bunny)