OTR/WNKU show

Went to the Studio 89/WNKU taping tonight - it was pretty busy, I'd say
maybe 50+ attendees for the show in the small studio.  There was a Baldwin
grand and two acoustics, they switched it up pretty well and stuck to mostly
new material.

They played:

Hometown Boy (L piano, K vocal and acoustic)
What I'll Remember Most (L acoustic, K vocal)
What I'll Remember Most (same)
Anything At All (L piano, K vocal and acoustic)
Suitcase (L acoustic, K vocal and percussion)
Fever (same)
Show Me (K+L acoustic and vocal)
Ohio (K piano and vocal)
Hometown Boy (same as earlier)

An WNKU assistant at the soundboard was mic'd into the mix for the first
song, it wasn't noticed until mid way through What I'll Remember Most, so
they played it again.  For Suitcase+Fever, Karin played some kind of halo of
bells that she shifted from hand to hand on the beat.  The piano sounded
great, and the rerecord of Hometown Boy sounded so great.

Hometown Boy is the same song as Norwood Boy, played a while back at Canal
Street and perhaps others.  What I'll Remember Most is slow, with a great
verse lyric, "This American dream may be poisonous - Violence is contagious.
  Crowded or empty - I walk these city streets alone." and then there was
some math involved too, lots of percentages.  Math lyrics always perk me up.
  Anything At All was similar to the mp3 of the month from way back, but the
piano sounded really regal, with a drawn out menacing low part added during
the last verse.  Suitcase was almost as great live as on the mp3 offered at
paste.com - Fever was just as great as always live, if you've been lucky
enough to see it.  Show Me was peppy and Linford did nicely on the harmony
vocals.

Started just after 7 and lasted until just before 8.  Mostly a subdued show,
great audience (mostly me - I was great).  Haha.  Questions and answers and
banter was low, some talk about the freedom of recording/releasing music
free of label pressure, some talk of the songwriting process, and the
upcoming Coney show.

Catch the edited down version on 14 August at 88.7 WNKU in the greater
Cincinnati area (either 8PM or 9PM EST), or listen online at
http://www.wnku.org/

I am glad they are releasing a big time album, because they were wearing
kindof 70s style clothes..  Haha..  Perhaps K+L were fresh from a Phish
show.

Unapologetic for the Over The Rhine content - you can't make me feel guilty,
Bruce