RE: The Ground Beneath Her Feet (was: I like books too)

All my life I worshiped her, her golden voice, her beauty's heat, How she made us feel, how she made me real. And the ground beneath her feet.

I read that one last year. Such a lovely book that is. So poignant the friction between history and myth, celebrity and veneration, love and lust, being and perception, the promethean desire for creation, and the terrible consequences for stealing from the gods. Rushdie's characters are so vividly real, I feel I know every VTO song by heart, though none actually exist. It's the book that made Rushdie my (current) favorite author.

kln2 <knussbaum at bellsouth_net> wrote:
Now playing, Rushdie's "The Ground Beneath Her Feet."

Bradley S. Caviness, Bigwig
Bigwig Enterprises

http://www.bigwigenterprises.com

Do you Yahoo!?