RE: I like books too

(snip)
 Now playing, Rushdie's "The Ground Beneath Her Feet." (U2 reference,
or was he first?) His knowledge is absolutely amazing. Simple exchanges read
like mythologies, which often feature in their own right. Drown me in
language, I like it.

Rushdie was first, but let me go check the date on "The Ground Beneath Her
Feet"
i'm back.
According to the liner notes on the Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack, U2
wrote the music and the lyrics were taken from Rushdie's book.  on the "Live
from Irving Plaza, NYC" bootleg i have, Bono says, "Salmaan Rushdie's very
precious to us; we wrote this with him."
back to work for me