Re: I like books too

>I loved Blue Shoe.  I mean, not as much as travelling mercies, but I
>still loved it.  Now I'm reading the new harry potter (I know I
>know... I'm a nerd, but a poor excuse for one for not having finished
>it yet)

I'd like to hear what you liked about it. Finished a couple days ago,
waiting for a strike that didn't come. Felt rather undirected to me, like
she never quite decided which journey she wanted to tell. I watched my
sympathy for the main character lessen as the book progressed and finished
more depressed than encouraged. Probably it all just means I'm a Bad
Person(tm).

Just picked up Potter #2. Read the first in Kenya, but that was the only one
around. Now playing, Rushdie's "The Ground Beneath Her Feet." (U2 reference,
or was he first?) His knowledge is absolutely amazing. Simple exchanges read
like mythologies, which often feature in their own right. Drown me in
language, I like it.

Postscript Pica,

Nathan