Re: for lack of something else to...talk about

hi
that happens to me every now and again too, but latley on the radio, when in mums car (WITH NO CD PLAYER) yes i have to then listern to the radio, ive heard the word "buckskin" which then leads me straight to "my love is a fever" no.9 amateur shortwave radio. how do you then get that song out of your head? simple, you dont.
while away in melbourne, i heard the rolling stones "ruby tuesday", which is the closest i can get to otr playing on australian radio stations. (apart from my dreams) had a dream and they were playing teledo, and i was like "oh my god" i got so excited i was the only person who new all the words and it was really popular song, every one wanted a copy of it, but they couldnt get it, but i had it. then i had to wake up, but at least while awake i can listern to it when ever i want, unless my cd player at work wont work, maybe it should retire and i should get a new one.

emily

"l. harnish" <indigoebony at yahoo_com> wrote:
as I signed off my last missive, I realized that it
would have been more in charicter for me to have said

"more out of duty than pleasure,"

Lindsey

ps: (but out of pleasure, nonetheless)

I've found myself borrowing this phrase in casual,
daily use. most typically, I use it when I make my
morning to-do list...two margins, "duties"
"pleasures".

I know I have ingrained other otr word pairings and
phrases in my vocab, but nothing else comes
immediately to mine.

what other phrases from otr songs do you guys find
yourselves quoting in casual conversation? in your
writing?

also, it's struck me more than once that our eloquent
duo often has phrases about speechlessness and the
inappropriateness of words in their songs.

for instance:

"I just don't have much left to say,"
--latter days,! gdbd

"murder's just a game, for lack of something else to
say..."
--murder, besides

"I am typically skeptical of all that I have said,"
--"the world can wait", films for radio

"haven't I said enough? Haven't I said far too much?"
--"the world can wait," films for radio

"what are we mumbling for? what are we tumbling
towards?"
--"toledo, ohio" cutting room floor

"it leaves us at a loss for words"
--"faithfully dangerous", gdbd.