Re: knee jerk dixie chicks....

I don't know if anyone read the Onion link I posted,
but I tend to agree with the grad student who said
something to the extent of, "I think we're missign the
main issue here. There music still blows."

NP: RÖyksopp - So Easy
--- blite young <emilyold at yahoo_com> wrote:
> i was away when i read the paper and read what
> natalie maines had said, cant remember exactly what
> she said, was some time ago, but i feel that she
> souldnt have to apolagise for what she said, every
> body has there own opinion on things, and i admire
> most the ones that have the guts and get up and say
> how they feel, knowing and not knowing how it may
> effect sales in what they do. i read that from her
> statment that there song had dropped a lot of spaces
> as well as there album (in australia that is)
> natalie said that most of the people who critasized
> what she said wernt even fans, some were. but like i
> said every one has there own opinion. the war is a
> tough time for every one, i am lucky in the sence
> that no one i no has had to go, but it has still
> affected me, i feel sorry for our troops that have
> had to go, and i feel for the citerzans of iraq, not
> all of them may like to follow hussan, they didnt
> have much choice. think of all those poor children
> AND ADULTS how now have to !
>  start from scratch, they dont have advantages like
> us, they dont have bands like over the rhine to help
> them get through days. i actually think more of the
> dixie chicks now then i did before, even though i
> dont listern to their music apart from whats played
> on the radio, i nearly want to buy their album, just
> to support them the world is a harsh place emily
>
> "Lawlor, Barry" <Barry.Lawlor at ssa_gov> wrote:Perry
> wrote:
>

> >>I find I have greater respect for them for not
> being just another
> >>knee-jerk "patriotic country band." Those girls
> have moxie, pride for
> >>their country, and moxie to boot.
>
> I was going to stay out of this, but I am a Dixie
> Chicks fan and have all
> but their new album (which I will eventually get
> when the price goes down
> and I have money). So what is being said that it is
> okay to be just another
> knee-jerk unpatriotic fill in the blank???? Is that
> the what I'm
> reading....double standards? The only thing that I
> think the Dixie Chicks
> did wrong was to apologize....if they truly felt
> that way (and they were
> taken in context) then why apologize? There is where
> I lost respect for
> them....not because they were stating their beliefs.
> They support the
> troops...they don't like Bush....was it the right
> timing...ehh....who am I.
> I realize that the did *have* to apologize for their
> statement and I give
> her (or whoever wrote the apology) credit for not
> really backing down from
> her beliefs, but isn't what they did/said just as
> knee-jerk as being
> patriotic the other way?
> I'm tired of all the double standards. I have a
> friend who was *out* of the
> Marines who joined a reserve unit under 1 condition;
> this condition was that
> [...]

=====
 And I use these words pretty loosely. There's so much more to life than words.
-Linford Detweiler