Re: knee jerk dixie chicks....

i was away when i read the paper and read what natalie maines had said, cant remember exactly what she said, was some time ago, but i feel that she souldnt have to apolagise for what she said, every body has there own opinion on things, and i admire most the ones that have the guts and get up and say how they feel, knowing and not knowing how it may effect sales in what they do. i read that from her statment that there song had dropped a lot of spaces as well as there album (in australia that is) natalie said that most of the people who critasized what she said wernt even fans, some were. but like i said every one has there own opinion. the war is a tough time for every one, i am lucky in the sence that no one i no has had to go, but it has still affected me, i feel sorry for our troops that have had to go, and i feel for the citerzans of iraq, not all of them may like to follow hussan, they didnt have much choice. think of all those poor children AND ADULTS h! ow now have to start from scratch, they dont have advantages like us, they dont have bands like over the rhine to help them get through days.

i actually think more of the dixie chicks now then i did before, even though i dont listern to their music apart from whats played on the radio, i nearly want to buy their album, just to support them

the world is a harsh place

emily

"Lawlor, Barry" <Barry.Lawlor at ssa_gov> wrote:
Perry wrote:

>>I find I have greater respect for them for not being just another
>>knee-jerk "patriotic country band." Those girls have moxie, pride for
>>their country, and moxie to boot.

I was going to stay out of this, but I am a Dixie Chicks fan and have all
but their new album (which I will eventually get when the price goes down
and I have money). So what is being said that it is okay to be just another
knee-jerk unpatriotic fill in the blank???? Is that the what I'm
reading....double standards? The only thing that I think the Dixie Chicks
did wrong was to apologize....if they truly felt that way (and they were
taken in context) then why apologize? There is where I lost respect for
them....not because they were stating their beliefs. They support the
troops...they don't like Bush....was it the right timing...ehh....w! ho am I.
I realize that the did *have* to apologize for their statement and I give
her (or whoever wrote the apology) credit for not really backing down from
her beliefs, but isn't what they did/said just as knee-jerk as being
patriotic the other way?
I'm tired of all the double standards. I have a friend who was *out* of the
Marines who joined a reserve unit under 1 condition; this condition was that
he would see active duty and be able to relieve some of the other Marines
over there. He just got a new job and was almost finished with his MA. I
don't know what this has to do with anything, but whatever side of the fence
you sit on this thing; right now it is about supporting those who are over
there and hoping they come back soon. I support Bush. I want my friend
back home today. Those two statements aren't mutually exclusive.

Sorry for the rant....it has been building up and is not directed at anyone
specifically. We *all* w! ant the same thing. We want our troops to be home
with thei! r famili es and friends and to be safe.

out here with a knee jerk response,
Barry