The literate Jesus

First off, hi. My name is Christine and I live in *sunny* Dublin, Ireland.
I felt I had to come out of lurk mode for this topic. In Luke
4:16-19,  Jesus is in the Temple and is handed the scroll of Isaiah to read
from. He finds (in our modern numbered version) Isaiah 61:1,2 and reads
from it. Then He sits back down - all eyes on Him - and says, "Today, this
scripture is fulfilled in your hearing."

Jesus knew the Law, the Writings & the Prophets inside, outside and
backwards. That's how He confounded the Pharisees and the religious leaders
of His day. Maybe Joseph could read and taught Him....

Just my 2 cents worth -

Christine