Re: The literate Jesus

Hi Christine

welcome to delurk mode

The Luke ref was the first thing that stuck out to me also but I would
assume that those who think Jesus may have not have been able to read
have probably decided, in their search for a historical Jesus, that the
scriptures aren't a reliable witness so it wouldn't matter how many
verses there were to back it up if they can point to external history
texts that say illiteracy was a cultural norm of the day. Can't reason
with presuppositions.

by the way,
the people here are not shy

(but they also don't talk about Jesus very often as there
are many non Christians on the list and this is an
OtR forum - just thought I'd
say it before someone else does. Ha!)

kevin