Re: Evanescence / Christian Band thing

Bruce Lachey wrote:

> It seems weird that a band that was #1 on a particular chart one week is
> ineligible for it the next due to some "cursing" in an interview and a
> want to be disassociated with a genre. If Snoop Dogg had the #1 rap
> record one week and then was quoted in RS or Vibe saying, "I'm actually
> high on the rap charts, and I'm like, What the f*** am I even doing
> there?" would he not be allowed on the chart the next week? Did the
> music itself, the CD, change??

It depnds on how chart position is calculated. Sales of a certain genre?
Or sales in certain outlets? Or a combination thereof? Does an Amy Grant
album sold in Sam Goody chart on Christian charts? Would Bob Dylan's
"Slow Train Coming" or "Shot of Love", sold in Family Bookstore chart on
a Christian chart?

Just proof that the whole radio and chart industry is, in the words of
Kriss Kross, wiggety wack.

- John

np: "Battle of the Species" - Antibalas

--