Re:d + White = A Reddish-White Blob (OT)

 Dan Temmesfeld <dtemm at yahoo_com> wrote:

I bought something off of Half.com or eBay... I know,
*totally* out of character for me to use one of those
methods for finding music...

Anwyay, the seller sent me a burned copy of Red Blood Cells as an "extra." I listened to about 3 of the songs on the way to the grocery store. Ugh... I couldn't bear to listen to it anymore, I hucked(*) it out the window in a residential area. I just didn't get 'em, and the first songs didn't even make me want to care about trying to get 'em.

Dan, you ignorant slut.

I think you shoulda kept listening. I liked Redd/White Blood Cells. "Fell In Love With A Girl" (Track *4* on the cd, incidentally) epitomizes all that is right with garage bands. I'm particularly fond of the "The Union Forever", the song Warner Bros. is currently suing the group over for pinching lines from "Citizen Kane" for the song's lyrics. I like Elephant better. A Lot Better. For as good as Redd/White Blood Cells was, it never got too far beyond the novelty aspect of the recording. Elephant, in my mind, goes from novelty to epic status.

If you want to give it another chance, I'll burn you yet another copy of Redd Blood Cells (a cd that is not and never was available in stores) and maybe a selection or two from Elephant for you to evaluate. Or you can just d/l "Seven Nation Army" for a starter.

Bradley S. Caviness, Bigwig
Bigwig Enterprises

http://www.bigwigenterprises.com

Do you Yahoo!?