Wheaton Show Review

Well like I always said there's nothing better than having Karin & Linford
come into literally my neighborhood for an intimate show.
It had been close to 2 yrs since they last played here at Wheaton college
(which was my first time at that time)so they were due.
Upon arriving and figuring out that they had moved up the latter
here on campus from the small little 150 seat theater(last time)
to the what seemed cavernous 1000 or so seat chapel.But that's cool
it is really beautiful and has very good sound.I sat in the 4th row
center.By the time they came on
there was around 400 people I'm guessing.They opened with the new song
"Jesus & Mary". Only god knows why anyone opens a show with a song noones
heard.If any of you are really close with the "big" guy ask him for me will
you. ;) But anyway I can't really rememeber the song right now 2 days later
but I remember Karin was wearing a cute little black
skirt with a dark maroon kind of jacket.Her hair was down and I remember
thinking she looks so refreshed and younger.On into "Bothered"
we go and the sound was incredible.It's so great to hear them on a nice big
system that sounds good rather than err...Shuba's.I don't have the exact
playlist so I'll just give random thoughts that I can remember.
At one point Karin said they were working on the new album and it was
killing her NOT to play the material.I'm guessing and I'm sure we all know
why it's not that wise to play unreleased stuff live anymore.Especially when
there's 4 video cameras(DVD crew & more)recording all this.The crowd was a
little more subdued than the normal
Shuba's crowd.Applauding politely after each song except for the occasional
"Woot"!! from the guys to which Karin said in her cute little accent "That's
ok you guys can do that,I like it...hahaha".
She said they had rented a car to make the drive rather than the van,
so they were gonna drive it fast cause it was a rental but she kept telling
Linford to slow down.One of the things that kind of bothered
me was that when Linford played the opening notes to "The World Can Wait"
everyone usually claps and hoots but there was absolute silence yet when
Karin launched into "Orphan Girl" the crowd the crowd screams ?
Go figure ??Another time Karin thanked us all because "without you all
we'd be homeless literally" meaning what I always knew.The live shows
pay the mortgage and put food in Willows bowl.Karin walked over the piano to
do her solo thing where she did "Give Me Strength"(A little rushed)and
"Ohio"- incredible as always.The encore was "When I Go" just
Linford on piano(no guitar)and Karin "nailed" the best I've ever heard it
!!Over all a very nice show,they sounded great,looked great and were
in good moods....But in the end it left me longing for a real electric full
band show later in the year.

JB

Setlist - not exact

1.Jesus & Mary