Re: Burritoes in Over the Rhine

The "old country folks" would have never called them a "burrito." Unless
they were from California sometime after mid-20th century. Certainly not in
Texas* or Florida. They were called tacos, and still are. Corn or Flour.
Size of the tortilla didn't matter, nor the wrapping style. Americans have,
in the last few decades, finally come back to understanding that tacos
aren't those crispy-shelled ground-beef-holder-things at the Taco Hell, but,
rawther, anything wrapped in a tortilla. Baseball in a tortilla? A taco.
Ground burro in a tortilla? a taco. Tortilla in a tortilla? a taco. Cheesy
guy singing "Putting in the Ritz" wrapped in a tortilla? Taco in a taco.
I *do* like California's fish taco invention, but the term 'burrito' has
always bothered me. And hey, makje sure y'all aren't pronouncing that "g" in
guac.

Elvis has left the building.

* (except maybe Austin, but we love 'em anyway)

--
paul r. soupiset
toolbox studios