Re: Freebird

--- "Barry S. Lawlor" <barrylaw at lightdog_com> wrote:
> I was at the Aimee Mann/Duncan Sheik concert last
> night when someone in the
> crowd yelled, "Freebird!!!" as Aimmee was tuning her
> guitar.  She kinda
> scoffed and then said something in the vein of
> "We're not going to play
> 'Freebird', but because you are a jackass we *are*
> going to play 'Sweet Home
> Alabama' for the rest of the people".  Then they
> said that he should be put
> up on stage and made to dance to 'Sweet Home
> Alabama' for being a jackass.
> He got up there and they indeed play an awesome
> cover of 'Sweet Home
> Alabama'.

i love it!

sorry if this has been mentioned on the list before,
but apparently someone did that at one of her shows a
few years ago, they proceeded proceeded to play the
first 3 minutes of freebird, stopped dead, and ms.
mann apparently said "i hate that f*&%ing song" before
going into another tune.

i don't know which is better.