Freebird

I was at the Aimee Mann/Duncan Sheik concert last night when someone in the
crowd yelled, "Freebird!!!" as Aimmee was tuning her guitar.  She kinda
scoffed and then said something in the vein of "We're not going to play
'Freebird', but because you are a jackass we *are* going to play 'Sweet Home
Alabama' for the rest of the people".  Then they said that he should be put
up on stage and made to dance to 'Sweet Home Alabama' for being a jackass.
He got up there and they indeed play an awesome cover of 'Sweet Home
Alabama'.  This may be a rhetorical question, but before there was
'Freebird' what did people yell out to ask musicians to play?  Yes my train
of thought is a scary thing.

Out here,
Barry