Re: Gollum rocks.

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Brad Caviness wrote:
> If possible, The Two Towers is a major accomplishment over and above the
> feat that was Fellowship Of The Ring.

A number of people have said the new film is better than the former film,
and while I am happy to hear this because it bodes well for the film's
success, I am not sure I agree.  As a friend of mine put it, there are
definitely highs in _The Two Towers_, but they are not as high as the
highs in _The Fellowship of the Ring_.  For example, I dearly miss
Boromir, and the brother we meet in this film is a pale, pale substitute.
Friends of mine also tell me, and Peter Jackson himself has admitted, that
this film takes way more liberties with the story than the first film did,
and now that I have heard what some of those liberties are, I have to say
that, yeah, they felt kinda awkward while I was watching the film, too.

Still and all, it's an excellent film -- three hours go by and you barely
notice it, and it's a superb film if you're a horse-lover (which I'm not,
not yet, but I'm tempted to be, now) -- and, yeah, Gollum rocks.

 If true love never did exist how could we know its name? -- Sam Phillips
          Happiness happens but I want joy. -- Marjorie Cardwell