Re: Gollum rocks.

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Laura Hepker wrote:
> but other than that...omigosh. incredible. i leaned over and said to my
> friend, "if i ever acted in this movie. i'd want to be eowyn. she's
> cool. bitter, but cool."

Agreed.  In fact, the most moving (if that's the word) non-Gollum moment
for me was when Eowyn and Aragorn meet, and there's something in the way
that they look at each other (I saw it a week ago, and I can't remember
what they do or say, exactly, that makes them look at each other this
way), and specifically in the way that Eowyn looks at Aragorn, that says,
"I don't believe it -- at long last, after being ignored for so long,
someone has *noticed* me."  It's a small, subtle moment, but that got me.

 If true love never did exist how could we know its name? -- Sam Phillips
          Happiness happens but I want joy. -- Marjorie Cardwell