Re: Good Citizens (very long.)

--- Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:
> Well, having been a little more involved in the the elections than most
> of my acquaintance, I actually-- and I'm astonished to say this-- have to
> disagree...

Well, thank you to Ysobelle, Liesel et al who have come forth to embrace the
process.  I really just think I'm bitter because except for a few elections,
all the votes I've cast in my life have gone to the "non-winning candidate".  I
really do enjoy the idealism of politics, but it just seems the more I find out
about a person, the harder and harder it is to support them.  Granted, I'm
aware I may be being too idealistic.  I did go all out (for me) in 1998-1999 in
my support for a candidate I could believe in.  I donated money, time and even
put a bumber sticker on my car.  In the end, she didn't even make it to the
primary election.  Then I had my name and address sold to countless extremist
groups, and I've since gotten three signed 8x10s in the mail from a certain
President of the US.

So anyway, thank you for your time to write back.  I'm actually late for my
class right now, so I must go, but I'm glad you responded.  It definitely is
food for thought--sorry about the cliche, but I must go.

mark

=====