Re: Scary oTr: The Search For Meaning In Our Little Lives

sobriqet wrote, among other thought provoking things...

The topic of love leads to the topic of fear.
"It's not suffering we fear, but loss..."
If you love someone, or something, you will soon realize that your love
might not be reciprocated, or the object of your affection might become
damaged, or cease to exist, worst of all, they're imperfect, just like
yourself. As Tom Robbins asked, "how do we make love stay?"

thanks for making me think at 7:30 in the morning...

i attended a wedding this weekend, one that has been several years in the making, and as i watched the bride and groom dance around, both slowly and gentle, then fast and furious, i realized that sometimes, some people *are* perfect for one another.

i am a believer in soul mates, but not necessarily that you are to marry that soul mate.  and i think that there are several choices out there for love and marriage that can work...you just have to have that commitment and that desire to make things work, throughout the strife and the anger.

but watching chris and vicky on saturday night, as well as having known them for the past three years, i feel that they were perfect, were made for each other.

is that silly romantic folly?  or is it just me growing up?

*love and smiles*
jessyka