Scary oTr: The Search For Meaning In Our Little Lives

The topic of love leads to the topic of fear.
"It's not suffering we fear, but loss..."
If you love someone, or something, you will soon realize that your love
might not be reciprocated, or the object of your affection might become
damaged, or cease to exist, worst of all, they're imperfect, just like
yourself. As Tom Robbins asked, "how do we make love stay?"

"I wonder which part of this will leave a scar?" The general
intensification of emotions caused by love can turn up the volume of
less pleasant ones, as dealt with in Solomon's Song O'Songs, where a
nightmare occurs in the midst of the
lovefest. The marvelous mantra "let love sleep," stands as a simple
warning that, due to the side effects, love is not  to be entered into
in a cavalier fashion. "Don't speak, words come out your eyes, you're
wet with this nightmare..."

You can always question your own intentions; do you really feel love, or
just need, infatuation, lust, etc.? "There is a me you would not
recognize, dear, call it the shadow of myself."

"It's mostly myself that's killin' me..."
Some married people complain about feeling smothered by the obligations
of child rearing, others the pain of barreness, some single people want
children, some wish they'd done more to prevent their conception, some
complain about their overall isolation. "There's nothing harder than
learning how to receive..."

Death is inevitable, and dying is right here, right now. "Borrow just a
little more time for me..." Love seems much more iffy. "A love that
never dies takes you by surprise, Heaven couldn't hold her, she'll be by
your side when it's your turn..."

Have you fed the Media Beast lately?
mathismedia.com
"Whatever shall we do with these days?" - Linford Detweiler
http://community.webtv.net/Sobriqet/SOBRIQUET