Re: My Way vs. Yesterday

From: "E Geist" <i_scoobysnak at yahoo_com>

> will
> sinatra be listened to 100 years from now after the
> people who lived through his era (that era) are all
> dead?  or will other "standards-type" singers end up
> with the torch?  i definitely think that revolver,
> rubber soul, and some others by the fabs will stand
> that test of time, but that's just me.

You're not seriously suggesting that the Beatles will stand the test of time
but Frankie won't, are you?  You do know that Frankie predated the Beatles
by a good decade, as far as recordings go.  And he has definitely stood the
test of time, at least as much as the Beatles.  Don't get me wrong, I think
the Beatles are swell...especially their later stuff.  But I honestly
believe time will be kinder to Frankie than to them.

just an opinion...

kb