Re: My Way vs. Yesterday

--- Kelvin Bailey <captainbackfire at mfire_com> wrote:

> After
> 3 days of listening to almost nothing but Sinatra,
> and then listening to the Beatle's early
> years...well...don't hate me, but it just seemed
> like such a let-down.  It didn't, couldn't, never
> will compare musically...at least in my mind.  And I
> do like the Beatles.
>
> So, I don't know what my question is.  I'm just
> wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this.  Where
> would we be if the Beatles never happened?

you're talking like pre-help! beatles, right??  i
dunno, i never got into sinatra, but, granted, early
beatles is early beatles and there is a definite
cheese factor involved: most of the stuff i've heard
pre-help! never struck me as all *that* brilliant
(though i still like it). however, when you get to
help! and the records that followed after, wow.  will
sinatra be listened to 100 years from now after the
people who lived through his era (that era) are all
dead?  or will other "standards-type" singers end up
with the torch?  i definitely think that revolver,
rubber soul, and some others by the fabs will stand
that test of time, but that's just me.

"when you've loved and lost like frank has..."
-limo driver in *spinal tap*