Re: O Canada and Hordinskiing Lessons

Peter wrote aboot shoddy Canadian DVDs.  Oh, dear.  I just ordered a bunch of
DVDs from DVDsoon.com, since they were super cheap with the exchange rate.
Does Disney have a history of short-changing the Great White North?  'cos I'll
be royally ticked off if there's something wrong with my Lilo & Stitch.  I did
order the Lord of the Rings: extended cut from an American distributor though,
so that should be okay.  (whew!)  ;-) Do you know how I can find out in advance
if the Canadian version will be different from the US version?  I also ordered
Babylon 5 Season 1, Doctor Who the Key to Time, and the Back to the Future
Trilogy (which is already out here in Australia, go figure.  I suppose I could
get it here, but I've noticed the PAL to NTSC converter in my DVD player
introduces artifacts, so I might as well wait, since it will come out at home
in six weeks.).  Heard anything about those?  For some reason, the box sets
usually work out to be cheaper in Canada.  I got several of my X-Files box sets
from there, too.

And the Monk winter album is fantastic.  But I think all Monk albums are
fantastic, so maybe I'm biased.  I hope he comes out with another live
album soon.  He might have one in the works, at least he told me he was
thinking about it, but he's always got a gazillion projects in process,
who knows what will really appear?

So, what is the official story on the Taft show?  Oh, I got official
confirmation: the OtR show at the Ark is on November 23rd, and I will
be running the sound tech for it.  Woo hoo!  Come say hi at the sound
board!

See you later,
--
Don Smith                           Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                                 http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/