(OT) Paste, Dixie Chicks, Canal Street Tavern & Cheryl Wheeler & Kim Taylor

   Paste: Just got my first issue of Paste (the 2nd issue) last week, and am SOOOOO impressed!!  Finally a high quality music magazine that doesn't have half naked people in advertisements and front covers (not that half-naked people are bad or anything,--just not in a music magazine =)  I highly reccomend it from this issue!  They said they should have more copies of the first issue in a few weeks (through the webpage) after they get the returns from all the bookstores.  I'm hoping to snag a copy.

   Dixie Chicks: The album is VERY good--a nice surprise after the mostly dismal Fly.  The art didn't really impress me THAT much.  The front cover picture is a bit predictable in the aspect that the girls dress sleaves on either side of the center girl are slipping outward--very posed and predictable.  Other than that, it is an attractrive album.  And good music, too!  2 Patty Griffin songs that kick butt.  Unfortunately Landslide doesn't work with Natalie's voice.  Sometimes a song just doesn't work for someone, and unfortunately Natalie doesn't catch the feeling that great song needs.

   Canal Street Tavern and Cheryl Wheeler:  Anyone in the Dayton area, don't miss this concert!  It's coming up around Nov. 11th (not sure of the exact date).  She is excellent live (and on album).  The show might sell out before hand, so get your tickets asap.  She always packs out the place.

   Kim Taylor:  She has 2 concerts coming up at the Northside tavern in Cinci (Nov. 6th and 7th.).  I plan to be at the 7th, and am trying to get some friends to go to.  So, all you in the area, show up to and support this great artist!

   That;s all for me =)

Sincerely;
Daniel J. Summers