Jammin' Java report

Well, Barry left the posting of the set list to me. It's an honor and a
grave responsibility. I hope I don't screw it up.

Cast Me Away
Bothered
The Seahorse
Summertime* -- gave me chills
Who Will Guard the Door* -- a song for Karin's father, a portion of which
appears on Serpents & Gloves, "a sort of documentary made back when we
took ourselves much too seriously"
Etc Whatever
Fever* -- entirely too s-xy
My Love Is a Fever
She* -- a song about abuse, beautiful and disturbing
The World Can Wait
Ohio -- Linford "got to take a break" while Karin accompanied herself on
piano for 2 songs
Remind Us* -- a song Karin has been working on for awhile, still not sure
it's finished. I loved it the way it is.
Fairpoint Diary -- that tiny piano is SO cute
Lucy -- I didn't know Karin could wail like this
--
Give Me Strength -- so much better than the album version
Orphan Girl

* new to me, all amazing

Barry's right, Jammin' Java is a great room (of course, he did have THE
BEST seat in the house). As for his astute observation that Karin can
really sing, yeah, that was my overwhelming impression, as well. Actually,
I enjoyed K&L as a duo even more than I thought I would. The arrangements
are understated but interesting, and suit the songs well. All in all, a
fabulous evening.

I also picked up _The Cutting Room Floor_ and listened to it all the way
home. It's very nice. "Happy and Free" is a piano instrumental by Karin,
which fits nicely into the flow of the record and begs the question from
me: why don't they do these in the show? I'd like to hear some of
Linford's solo stuff, and then Karin could take a break. I don't know,
maybe she doesn't need one.

I had a second great honor and responsibility when I played that cd on my
laptop: I got to submit the titles to CDDB. I felt so important.

It sounds like the other shows last weekend were also great. Any body have
the set lists?

Slowly,
Kirk