Re: heaven's backdoor

--- "p. quimby" <crannybrook at yahoo_com>
wrote:

> hello everyone,
>
> i want to introduce myself with a poem...

Welcome!  We hope you like it here.

Your thoughts about the poem made me think about art
and Christianity.  When we talk about Christianity and
our values, a lot of people rarely consider how we
should view the arts as Christians.  As a result, we
have people defining art as a boundless vehicle in
which one can express themselves in any which way they
please.  If it is vulgar or immoral, they call it an
artistic expression.  But as Christians, we need to
set boundaries in those expressions.  Sin is present
in all things human, and that includes art.  Whether
it is the line of a poem, a sculpture, or a painting,
it has to have a perimeter.
I guess that strayed a little from the actual
question, but it just came to my mind.  Anyone have
any thoughts on this?  I hope I said it well enough.

God bless,
Kristen