Re:it's time

Wow Jan I wish you would of come up to the front and stood with me and
Amanda, especially if it was your last OTR show.After reading your post
I do have a few thoughts......(As I always do!!..LOL)First off I agree
with you about Shuba's,I personally don't like the place but for some reason
Karin & Linford love the place even if they have to go stand behind the
curtain to wait and do thier encore.As for the opening act that night for
the first show...well I find it very difficult to sit through anyone knowing
OTR is just minutes away but someone's gotta "open" I guess.Now getting down
to the "nitty gritty" Karin & Lin and the show they played that night.I'm
sure they came to do something a little different than the "trio" show they
played at Fitzgeralds
earlier this year (which obviously being almost a carbon copy of the Atlanta
show was absolute perfection !!!)As I stood there 3 feet from the stage and
watched the set,the setlist itself wasn't the best.My mind wandered a little
not out of boredom but just out of thoughts of my own preoccupations(like
work the next day!!) and knowing full well they're not for the most part
playing songs the majority of the crowd WANT to hear.I said to Amanda(and I
never thought I'd ever say this but I really missed Jack!!)The guitar lead
in "Bothered" was gone!! Now let me say Karin and Lin played here alone
together last summer in Wheaton to almost perfection but that was before I
heard what Jack added but it was still a GREAT setlist and show.You've got
to remember they tour constantly to "eat and pay the bills".Playing live is
what they do for a living.Anything they get from CD sales is an added
bonus.I had 2 tickets for the second show I couldn't even stay for but I
would of if I could,there's still nowhere I'd rather be than standing 3ft
away from
Karin as she sings "Ohio" and see that chemistry between a man and a woman,a
husband and a wife,the definition of 2 people making beautiful
music together!!Would I of picked a different setlist? I always would!
But so would everyone...LOL

As for this list,well I've only been on here a little over a year but thanks
to the people on this list I have a shelf full of beautiful live
shows and videos and I've tried to give back as much as I've taken.And no I
don't read every post but if it's about OTR I do.So maybe the list and the
band isn't something you "retire" from but maybe just take a little vacation
from.But I've got a feeling the next year and a half are going to be alot of
JB (Still the Wildcard!!!)