Re: think for yourself

--- Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:
> Bush may have the best of intentions in the main, but I believe he
> also has subcontexts to which he's giving far too much weight.

If you ask me it all smacks of "Wag the Dog" type politics, but it's not new.
Now that there's a republican in the office, all the deomcrats are pointing
fingers, but if you remember Clinton did the same thing and then it was all the
repubs pointing fingers.  It's just a matter of time until someone (in power)
does something really stupid for a selfish reason and suddenly were in at the
Hiroshima level again--or deeper...

And to Dan:  The Patriot Act, and the holding of the aliens without charging
them with a crime is all just an example of what those who have the power can
and will do.  In the case of the Patriot Act, it's another step in the
direction of less human rights--even though it doesn't feel much like it now.
The holding of the aliens without due process of law dates all the way back to
the framers of the constitution--they were for it in the case of national
security--that's what we've considered the 9-11 attacks.

And did I mention that a company has already copyrighted the microchip that
will be implanted into a human's forehead and scanned in order to buy, sell,
invest, monitor your every move, etc.?  Also, if you don't have the chip, you
don't get your groceries in a cashless society like that. And what if were
being set up with all these nationally elevated stories of missing, raped,and
murdered children so that we don't resist when they tell us to microchip our
infants at birth much like we have our pets micro-chipped now?  Scary, huh?

Just questioning authority,
Mark

=====