Re: Self-mutilation

Mindy Richmond wrote:

>I see now why they say tattoos are addictive. Just one
>for now though, it's a grapevine around my left ankle, meeting at a bunch of
>grapes on the outer side. Mmm... grapes. I chose the grapevine because it's
>a reminder of what God has been to me throughout my life. Through all the
>hard times He prunes me and makes me stronger. Just like the verse, John
>15:5. I chose to have it on my ankle because it's the least likely to sag as
>I age ;^)

I always wonder about those gals who get something like a dolphin around
their navel...what happens if/when they have a kid?  I can just assume
it's not a pretty sight.  Even afterwards, I somewhat doubt that the
skin in the area will re-form into the original size and shape.

I, on the other hand want a tattoo on the middle of my chest - on my
sternum.  That's what worries me.  I know I want it there, but I'm
somewhat apprehensive.  As I understand it, softer areas of the body
hurt less when going under the needle.  As you can probably imagine,
that specific area has nothing but skin and bone.  It's not exactly a
fatty part of the body (on guys, at least) and falls between the
pectoral muscles.

So, with that in mind, I'll hold off on the tatts for a while.  I can
wait...besides, I shouldn't be spending such frivolous money anyway.

>Pain is the coolest,
>Bug

Not liking the pain so much,
-Smitty the Chicken