sadness

storytime!

so, back in february, some friends and i took a trip to venice, italy.
(with one of said friends being the boyfriend. over valentine's day, even.
but that's a side note, and not of consequence in this story.) we had a
neat little apartment just a short jaunt from saint mark's square. 'twas
nice. and every day as we walked to and from the apartment, we passed a
building with a large clock on top. the clock was stopped.

the very very last night of our stay, the last time i would ever be
walking past this particular building (as the route to the water bus to
get us back to the train station -- were, incidently, the train workers
were all on strike; but again, that's a story for another time -- was the
opposite direction), i looked up at the clock once again.

suddenly it dawned on me.

"shite! that clock is stuck at nine:thirty!"

(which of course required me to explain to my fellow travellers why a
clock stuck at 9:30 has such relevance. heathens.)

and so, in the dark, i tried to snap a couple pictures, on the new roll of
film i had just loaded.

nearly six months pass, in which i utterly fail to finish off that roll of
film.

until now.

got the pictures back from CVS and...

*gasp*

none of the clock shots came out! at all! must've just been too effin'
dark...

*sob*

and that's my story.

love,