NYC

Me typed:

>Just off of vacation and exhausted (if I could have been shipped UPS
>Ground, I would have done it),

rhys typed:

>where'd you go?

NYC

/ thu
top of el empire state building
lot of walking
virgin megastore/union square (yawn)
ate somewhere veggie-friendly, scary.  my best pal was in manhattan for work
that day (strange coincidence) and had yucca fries with banana flavored
ketchup.  i had a thai pizza that was served as a vertical wrap (?!).  thank
god we ordered the normal stuff.
the amazing, bizarre show "de la guarda" (review
http://www.nytheatre.com/nytheatre/villa.htm)
the record label thrill jockey (www.thrilljockey.com) had a 10 year
anniversary party, and made most of their bands play on one of three
consecutive nights - this is why i went to nyc last weekend.  thursday and
friday's shows were at irving plaza (where otr has played) and went 'til
2:15am or later.  tortoise, trans am, bobby conn experience, sue garner,
mouse on mars + many more all played.  some well, some bad.

/ fri
a bunch of stores, small galleries
record runner (store that has the largest us collection of duran duran)
prada store (the craziest store i've been to in my life,
http://www.fashionwindows.com/boutiques/prada/default.asp doesn't do it
justice.  it's CRAZY)
apple store manhattan (jeez, people spend a lot of money on stores)
new modern art museum - installations with hammocks and balloons that you
had to blow up yourself.  rooms with sand and rubberized covering...  odd.
tour of the united nations
some bars that my pal recommended - big fun.  met crazy vykki bartender and
hung out with her on sunday
thrill jockey show 'til 2:30am (irving plaza again)

/ sat
times square
rockefeller center / nbc
music hardware shopping
walking, walking, walking
little korea
then a little nap
thrill jockey show 'til 1:45am - the best night of shows.  the sea and cake
ROCK, john is the best drummer in the world

/ sun
central park
guggenheim museum
international immigration parade (ok, i only watched ten minutes of this)
battery park
ground zero
spanish restaurant rio mar
knitting factory to see dillinger four - punk, loud
went to a polish owned italian restaurant, stayed out way too late with
vykki and her peeps

/ mon
travel day

I'm still tired.  The above doesn't capture the sheer amount of travel these
feet did.  I'm proud of you, feet.

You keep saying you got something for me,
Something you call love but confess,