Re: UPS

> Except for the color scheme, UPS is my favorite company other than Coca
> Cola.  UPS Ground literally ships anything from Cincinnati to Detroit or
> further, guaranteed in one day.  In my experience, UPS Ground is the most
> misunderstood thing in our modern, civilized world.  And it's cheap.  And
> traceable.

and they treat packages like crap.

my experiences with ups have been largely negative in some way or another.
mostly because my current living situation is in an old house that was
converted into three apartments, one per floor. and no matter how many
little slips of paper i sign, they absolutely will not leave packages for
me. and why not? because it's a "multi-family residence", and someone else
might take it. what about the fact that i know the other people living
here, and they'd just take it inside for me? still no. *sigh*

the one time i managed to convince 'em to leave a package was 'cuz i wrote
a note saying "oooh, please, please leave this package; i have class so i
can't wait here, but it's a birthday cake from my mom and it'll go bad..."

:)

> All the people I've known from UPS are nice as could be and seem to like
> their job and company, and that's saying a lot too.

the workers, in general, are nice. heck, my delivery guy learned over the
summer that my roommate and i both worked full-time, and that he needed to
get here by 8am to catch us. (granted, this is more annoying now when i
don't need to be up that early anymore. but still.)

love,
rachel